name. Stephen Tully Dierks
occupation. Office job
1. what is your present state of mind?
Thinking about the phrase “state of mind.” Also, caffeinated posi-thoughts.
2. where were you born?
3. where do you live now?
4. where would you like to live?
New York maybe
5. do you think you’re interesting?
No and yes
6. how is your love life?
I have a girlfriend for the first time in several years and she is very nice and smart and beautiful.
7. what were you like as a child?
I was a nerd. I had my hair wetted down and combed to the side and I wore turtlenecks and was into Star Trek: The Next Generation. I read The New York Times in a bathrobe on Sundays. I listened to Bob Uecker broadcast Brewer games via a little purple radio by my bed. I didn’t like getting my pants dirty. I was scared of getting sent to the principal’s office. I wrote stories for class sharing time about a character named Engelstein.
8. what did you eat today?
Eggs over-easy, hashbrowns, sausage patties, toast.
9. have you ever created culture or art?
10. do you like drinking alcohol or using drugs?
11. what kind of people do you hate?
People who ask me what kind of people I hate.
12. what are your goals, if you have any?
Write books that are published, love another person as much as I can, love myself, spread love to as many as I can.
13. do you have any depressing stories about your life?
A bunch of times I bought a 40 oz., chips, and dip and rented a foreign film based on if it seemed likely I could jack off to the sex scene in it while sprawled dead-manatee-style in my room with the door closed and locked.
14. who are your favorite authors?
J.D. Salinger, James Joyce, and Samuel Beckett.
15.what will you be doing ten years from now?
Balancing being a loving father and husband with my burgeoning career.